Wild Turkey Chili
1-2lbs Ground turkey (wilder the better)
2 garlic cloves
1 onion, diced
salt and pepper
1-can pinto beans
1-can diced tomatoes
Special Spice Mix
Parmesan Cheese, grated
1) Sweat garlic, onion, olive oil, and a pinch of a salt and pepper. Just until onion is translucent.
2) Add meat to onion, more salt, pepper, olive oil, and Bam! (More olive oil is better than too little, since wild game is extremely low in fat.)
3) Mix up the special spices...We mix them up based on smell and keep it pretty mild; it is mostly chili powder, with paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and pinch of sugar.
4) Add spices, pinto beans, and tomatoes.
5) Cover and simmer 30-ish minutes. Stirring frequently to ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom.
6) Now to cook the rice, we use a rice cooker...it makes it so easy!
7) We serve over a bed of rice, a sprinkle of cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a few green onions from the garden!
"Kill 'em with class"